Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ALDI

Have you ever heard of ALDI?

I am so excited to have discovered ALDI! I read about ALDI over at Menus4Moms.
I was reading that one mom spends $250 to $300 a month for her grocery needs by doing most of her shopping at ALDI for her family of five. So I hopped over to their website and I was really excited to see what I found. They are kind of like a mini Sam's Club. You pay a quarter to get your cart at the front of the store, but you get it back when you put your cart back (fun thing for the kids in tow). You should bring your own bags for bigger savings or else you will be charged a nominal fee for paper or plastic. You can also use the boxes they have available for free for your bigger items. They have their own brand name items, and they come with a double your money back guarantee. On most Items you can save $1.00 or more over the grocery store price. Bread at .59 cent! I can dig that!!!
ALDI only accepts cash, debit, or Food Stamps. This cuts down on the costs as well. They do not accept coupons, but the savings outweighs that, I believe-from what I see. The check out is suppose to be quick, so be prepared( that is a plus for me).
I was navigating the website and signed up for a newsletter, and access to the Meal planner. You can find recipes, put them in "your" cookbook and transfer the ingredients to a shopping list that is organized by isles!
I am planning on visiting ALDI in the next 2 weeks and checking it all out!

If you have ever been, let me know your experience!

1 comment:

Club Coupon said...

We have an Aldi here in Lex. and I have been once. I was very impressed with how clean it was and selection for the style store wasn't bad either. I usually love their pricing on their produce too. However, it is several miles from the area of town I live in so it's not really a savings for me to get to. You will get some great deals there though!